Many people are not very knowledgeable about how to protect their homes in the event of a hurricane. Strong winds can rip off roofs and break windows and doors, causing great damage to the house and posing serious danger to the people inside.
Here are some tips shared by House Logic to help protect your windows and doors before the arrival of a hurricane:
- Install hurricane film on windows and glass panes in doors;
- Install storm shutters on windows;
- Mount large pieces of plywood on windows and glass doors;
- Use high-impact glass for windows;
- Make sure window and door screws are tight and barrels on double doors penetrate the floor to hold door panels in place.
Learn more tips here.