If you have a casement window that needs to be replaced in your kitchen (or another room of your home), you might be considering taking on the project yourself. This video from home improvement expert Ron Hazelton walks you through the necessary steps in the removal and installment process so that you can decide if it’s a job you want to DIY or contact a professional about.
In this video, Hazelton demonstrates how to…
- Remove the existing window casement and he suggests using a magnet to locate nails that are buried or hidden beneath the paint.
- Prepare the opening which is a very important step.
- Waterproof the area so that your new windows will be water-tight.
- Install interior and exterior trim so that your replacement windows will have a finished look and will be energy efficient too.
- Check and enjoy your new window.
Find out How to Install a Casement Window in a Kitchen [VIDEO]