Did you know that the windows you install can actually clash with the style of house you have? It’s true! An article at The House Designers lists different types of windows and the architectural style they complement the best. You can use this information to make sure your replacement windows bring out the more attractive and interesting aspects of your house. Here’s a quick look at the list:
- Southern style homes look great with casement and double-hung windows.
- Ranch homes shine with large double hung windows with shutters, wide picture windows and sliding glass patio doors.
- Contemporary style homes are complemented by casement, awning, fixed windows and skylights
- Green, Eco-Friendly homes really stand out with triple-pane wood windows with blinds or shades between the glass and glazing windows.
- Country style homes look wonderful with multi-pane windows with shutters and symmetrical windows.
If you want to know more, read the article: Matching the right window to the right house style