While doors and locks are sturdy enough to keep you safe at home, installing a door alarm system can give you added protection. Here are some quick tips on installing a door alarm system in your home.
- Choose the type of security system you want for your home, whether a full home alarm system or a simple door alarm system.
- Choose between a wired alarm system and wireless infrared alarm technology.
- Mount the control panel in a central area in your house where it’s accessible and easily heard when the alarm sounds.
- Install individual sensors.
- Test the alarm system by opening your door.
- Program your alarm system according to your needs. For instance, you may want the system to arm and disarm itself on a certain schedule.
When it comes to installation, an electrician may be needed for more intricate alarm systems, while simple door alarm systems can easily be installed by homeowners.