We previously featured a post sharing budget-friendly home improvement tips for winter. To make your home more comfortable and to save on utility bills during this cold season, here are a few more ideas you might find helpful:
- Open your curtains during the day to let in radiant heat from the sun and close them at dusk to avoid heat loss.
- Cover your walls with mirrors, pictures, posters, and the like to add a layer of insulation.
- Just like your windows, cover your front doors with thick door curtains to prevent heat loss.
- Use fire screens to keep you warmer.
- Put your furniture in a warm place such as next to an interior wall.