Back doors play an important role in the home. Not only do they serve as a relatively concealed entrance to your home but also as the access point to a relaxing and private part of your home – your patio.
Consider the following tips when selecting a back door to ensure you make the best choice.
- Since the back of your home is generally more concealed, you often have a lot of door options to choose from, including French doors and sliding doors.
- If you choose French or sliding doors, consider low-e glass or glass with built-in blinds to prevent furnishings from becoming faded by the sun’s rays.
- When choosing glass doors, opt for double-pane glass, and make sure there is proper weatherstripping to save on energy costs.
- Choose sliding doors if you have limited area around your back door.
- If you have ample space, you can opt for hinged doors that allow you to maximize access to the outdoors.
- Remember to install screens, especially on large glass doors, to keep insects out of your house.
Learn more here.