Are you looking for a unique window treatment that will add some privacy and charm to your room? Here’s a project you can do yourself in a weekend: Create a wooden privacy screen for your window.
This DIY project is relatively inexpensive and costs less than $100. You can even make a charming window screen that matches the wood doors in your home for a more cohesive design. HGTV tells you how to create a wooden screen in seven steps.
The instructions tell you how to:
- Determine the size of your screen.
- Build the exterior frame.
- Cut the plywood to size.
- Lay out and marking the trenches on the plywood.
- Cut the trench slots.
- Nail the plywood to the frame.
- Paint or stain the screen and set in place when dry.
Making this window privacy screen is a lot easier than you think. Check out the full post from HGTV here.