Replacing your windows today usually involves choosing a more energy-efficient option, and one of these options is double-pane windows. But before you buy them for your replacement project, let’s take a look at the pros and cons of double-pane windows.
Advantages of double-pane windows:
- Can reduce energy consumption and, therefore, help you save money by keeping your home warmer during winter and cooler during summer;
- Can increase energy savings even more when combined with other energy-efficient window additions;
- Are environmentally friendly; and
- Can reduce noise pollution.
Drawbacks of double-pane windows:
- Cannot be bought alone. You need to replace all of your windows in order to realize the benefits of energy efficiency and savings.
- Can be expensive because you must purchase good quality windows in order to gain the benefits of energy efficiency and minimize problems in the future.