Making your home brighter does not always entail a remodel to accommodate larger windows and doors. Sometimes all you need are simple tricks to make better use of the existing light in your home.
- Mount a mirror next to a window or opposite to it, and it will reflect both light and the view from the window.
- Use reflective surfaces, such as a glass backsplash in your kitchen, to also help reflect natural light from your windows.
- Use translucent shades that do not block as much light as other materials but still give you the privacy you need.
- Paint your ceiling a lighter shade than your walls.
- Regularly clean your windows, lighting fixtures, and bulbs to make sure you get the brightest light out of them.
With no scarily expensive renovation costs, these tricks can make your home brighter using the light you already have.