Summer wreaths, just like Christmas and spring wreaths, can make your home more welcoming to guests. Creative wreaths add beauty to your front door, which is usually just painted and plain. While it may be easier just to purchase a summer wreath for your front door, it is more fun and a lot cheaper to make your own unique wreath.
If you want to try making a wreath of your own, you can find step by step instructions on how to make a summer wreath at Confessions of a Do-it-Youselfer. The instructions are summarized as follows:
- Start with a grapevine wreath (usually between $3-5);
- Choose artificial flowers and leaves, particularly those that reflect what you have in your garden;
- Glue the first layer of stems and decorations around the wreath;
- Add more layers of flowers and leaves as desired;
- Decorate with a bow or other accessories; and
- Hang the wreath on your front door with a hook.
In as few as six steps, you can create your own summer wreath and make your home more inviting this summer season.