Keyless door locks have become popular among some homeowners in the past few years, but how secure are they? While the convenience of not having to worry about keeping track of house keys is alluring, this lock option does have some risks. This article helps you make an informed decision when choosing the right kind of lock for your entry door.
Here are a some pros and cons of keyless door locks:
- There’s no need to carry a house key wherever you go.
- You don’t have to be concerned about possibly losing your house key.
- There is no need to make spare keys for other members of your family nor do you need to hide a spare key somewhere outside the house for emergencies.
- Many have the added option of tracking time of entry.
- Other people could hack the code and enter your home without permission.
- If you forget the code to unlock the door, it is inconvenient.
To find more, read: Advantages and Disadvantages of a Keyless Door Lock