Door frames can be made of wood, aluminum, and metal or iron materials, and each type has its own pros and cons. Which kind you ultimately choose depends on your needs and priorities. Let’s take a look at the advantages and drawbacks of a metal door frame to help you decide if that is the right type of door frame for your home.
Pros of metal door frames:
- Strong, can endure storm and earthquakes;
- Safe against intruders;
- Can be easily fixed;
- Not susceptible to rot, insects, or termites;
- Shape can be customized with minimum wastage;
- Don’t absorb moisture;
- Higher re-sale value; and
- Environmentally friendly, since no trees are used to manufacture them.
Cons of metal door frames:
- Prone to rusting and
- May not be considered architecturally elegant