It’s easy to understand why you have decided to get blinds for your windows. Window blinds are so versatile that you can easily adjust the slats to block out just the right amount of sunlight in your room. Blinds can also be neatly stacked either on top of your window or on the sides to allow you to enjoy your wonderful view outside. But how do you choose the right window blinds for your room considering the wide variety of blinds out there in the market? Here’s a quick guide that can help you.
- Slat width. First, decide on the width of the slat, which usually comes in ½ -inch for more contemporary homes, 1-inch, and 2-inch widths.
- Slat arrangement. Choose whether you want vertical or horizontal blinds.
- Color. You can choose a color that will match your room or choose a neutral color.
- Material. Decide whether you want blinds made of wood, aluminum, woven wood, vinyl, or fabric.
- Other options. You can also choose how the blinds are raised, whether bottom-up or top-down. You may also opt to have a window treatment on the topmost part of the blinds that will conceal the blinds when raised.