Bring the color and smells of a flower garden closer to your home! To enhance the look of your windows and boost curb appeal, consider installing window boxes. When window box planters are designed to match your home’s exterior, they will be delightful for you and make your house look more vibrant too.
The great news is, this DIY project is easier than you might expect. Ron Hazelton walks you through the steps on his website and here’s a preview of what’s involved:
- Paint pre-treated lumber planks.
- Measure and cut end pieces.
- Pre-drill pilot holes of both end pieces and secure both ends with screws.
- Place construction adhesive to the plant box edges.
- Fasten the box’s front and back with screws.
- Apply waterproofing to the interior of the box with roofing compound.
- Drill holes for the angle brackets that will support the window box planter.
- Attach the window box brackets with lag screws.
- Install the window box with additional lag screws.
- Fill the window box with potting soil and plants.
Find out the details by reading the full article here.