Window screens may look alike, but they are actually designed to provide different functions. Depending on your primary need, you can find screen materials with different diameters for the mesh material and different levels of durability. The most popular types of window screens include the following:
- Standard fiberglass window screen, this is a common material and easy to install or repair;
- Aluminum wire window screen that features strong mesh for insect control that does not rust and sag;
- Patio, porch, and pool insect screen made of heavy-duty fiberglass mesh is specifically designed for room enclosures;
- No-See-Um insect window screen , which is made of finer fiberglass mesh that will protect homes in marshy and coastal areas from tiny insects, including no-see-ums, sand flies, and more;
- Florida glass privacy screen that is the same as the patio, porch, and pool screen, but has a plastic laminate that will help protect external elements from getting inside the window, such as grass clippings at the bottom of patios; and
- Copper bronze window screen, which offers superior durability.
Understanding the different types of screen materials will help you decide what is best for your windows to protect your home from insects and other external debris. To learn more about the features and benefits of each screen type, please read the article from Quality Screen here.