Whether you are rooting around for old doors in salvage yards or you have an old door sitting idle in a storage room, there are many ways you can resourcefully and creatively repurpose old doors.
Bob Vila shares 10 new uses for old doors. These include the following:
1. Wall décor with an inset mirror that you can mount in your bedroom or living room;
2. Table top with new legs attached and, for doors with raised or recessed panels, topped with glass;
3. Hanging outdoor table;
4. Decorative shelf or book shelf;
5. Room divider using multiple doors of the same size, but not necessarily the same style, and attached using hinges;
6. Hanging pot rack for your kitchen;
7. Bench made from a solid-core wood door;
8. Message board if the door has panels that can be covered with chalkboard paint or cork board;
9. Base board for hooks where you can hang coats, hats, and other accessories in your bedroom, towels in the bathroom, or other items in your garage; and
10. Headboard for an otherwise boring bed.
While there are many other ideas for how you can creatively repurpose old doors, these ideas are certainly beautiful.