Each glass door and window needs to be regularly cleaned so it can help keep your home bright. Although cleaning glass is generally the same for most door and window types, cleaning patio doors in an apartment or condo can be a bit different from cleaning one in a single unit home.
Home Guides SF Gate, shares the following steps for cleaning sliding glass doors in apartments and condos.
- Inform the homeowners below your unit that you will be washing your patio doors. You can expect that some water will drip down when you are cleaning, so it is appropriate to inform them.
- Soak a clean rag with soap and water, and wet your sliding glass door. Leave on for a few minutes. This will help loosen the dirt on the glass.
- Using paper towels or a clean dry cloth, wipe off the glass.
- Apply a mild window-washing solution using a foam sponge, microfiber cloth, or other non-abrasive cleaning tool.
- Remove the solution and partially dry the surface with a squeegee immediately after. Then, leave the glass to air dry.
- Use a clean dry rag or paper towel to dry the other parts of the door, such as the frame and the siding on your condo or apartment.
- Once done, repeat these steps (beginning with number 2) for the other side of your sliding patio door.