French doors are a great addition to almost any living space. They can make a room brighter, provider a better view of the outside, divide rooms from one another, and add sophistication to your home.
If you are planning to install French doors, here is some of the latest information on the costs as of January 2016:
- The minimum average cost for French doors is $350 while the maximum average cost is $4,000.
- You may spend approximately $350 for basic whitewood or clad vinyl French doors with added costs for labor.
- The cost of the French doors varies depending on the material used, the style, and the function of the door.
- When it comes to function, French doors used for bedrooms and closets are the cheapest, patio doors belong in the middle range, while the most expensive are architectural French doors that match a certain period and style of home.
- Architectural pre-designed custom French doors can cost approximately $4,000, while custom French doors with additional features like curved moldings and transoms can cost up to $10,000 since they require master craftsmanship and custom door sizes.
Read the entire post from Improvenet here to learn more about French doors, including material options, as well as the pros and cons of installing French doors at home.