Garden windows make a perfect addition to your home because you can enjoy a great view of your garden outside and a pleasant sight of charming little plants on the shelves inside. Its protruding feature allows more light to come through, making your room bright and sunny. Kitchens are a perfect spot for garden windows where you need more light coming in and a convenient spot to place your organic herbs and vegetables.
If you have an existing window and you want to replace it with a garden window, you can follow these steps shared by DIY Network and summarized as follows:
- Measure the window you need and order weeks in advance.
- Clean your new garden window and check for cracks and other possible defects.
- Measure the garden window and be sure it’s going to fit the slot of your old window.
- Check the window casing or the window slot for damages.
- Put on metal flashings to the top corners on the inside part of your garden window.
- Place flashings on the rough opening or slot.
- Mount your garden window.
- Nail through each fin carefully without causing cracks.
- Cut siding to size.
- Put back the correct siding.
Read the details on installing a garden window, as well as the images for the instructions here. Don’t forget to let us know how you did with your garden window project.