Winter will soon be here, and if window condensation is your problem, you are not alone. Many homeowners complain about window sweating but don’t really know the exact cause. Many also do not know how they can minimize and solve the problem.
According to Danny Lipford of Today’s Homeowner, window condensation is caused when warm air inside the house cools and releases excess water in the form of condensation. Warm air is usually caused by activities in the home, such as cooking, showering, using unvented gas heat, and even our own breathing.
Here are some of his suggestions to help reduce and solve the problem of window condensation:
- Use a vent fan in your bathroom while showering and leave it on for about 15 minutes afterward.
- Vent your fireplaces or limit their use as much as possible.
- Minimize cooking that produces a lot of steam.
- Seal cracks around windows.
- Replace older single window panes.
- Consider installing a dehumidifier.
Read more tips here.