Are you planning on remodeling your home one of these days? Why not consider an eco-friendly remodeling project that not only helps save the environment, but also helps bring down your energy bill? Some states even offer tax credits and rebates for eco-friendly home improvements.
Here are some eco-friendly home remodeling ideas you can consider:
- Install energy-efficient windows, such as fiberglass windows with energy-efficient glass;
- Upgrade your entry doors with insulated ones;
- Insulate your attic;
- Use LED bulbs;
- Invest in outdoor motion detectors instead of keeping the lights on all night long;
- Consider installing cork or bamboo flooring;
- Buy Energy Star appliances;
- Choose low-flow toilets; and
- Opt for tankless and solar water heaters.