Painting is a really exciting project and can give your home a refreshing new look. But if you don’t do some careful planning before you begin painting, you may just have a recipe for disaster.
Whether you are repainting a door, window frames, or several walls, here are some things you need to know before you get started:
- Choose the paint color for your walls while keeping in mind that a lighter shade can make a room seem brighter and a darker hue can dim a room.
- Use high-gloss paint for doors, window frames, and cabinetry to add resistance to abrasions and to stand up to stains and cleaning.
- Always test and observe a small amount of paint on the intended surface before you finalize and buy.
- Choose good quality paint at reasonable price.
- Make sure you buy the correct roller cover size for your specific painting job. For example, the 3/16- and the 1/4-inch sizes are great for painting doors and other smooth surfaces with a glossy finish.
- Choose the right quality paint brush for the job.
Read more tips here from Better Homes and Gardens..