Do you have a dog at home that needs to come and go outside without a doorman? Namely you. It’s about time that you get a pet door and make things more convenient for you and your dog. When you have a sliding patio door, you can use this area to install your dog door. You don’t need to make a hole in your wall or look for a side door… You don’t even need to cut the glass of your sliding patio door to mount the dog door. These doors come in panels that you can slide into your existing sliding door frame and lock. Here’s a quick guide to installing a dog door in sliding patio doors shared by The Daily Puppy:
- Measure your dog’s height and width and make sure the door you choose is at least two inches taller and wider than your dog.
- Determine the height of your sliding patio door installation.
- Decide whether you will install the dog door in the glass track or in the screen track.
- Open your sliding patio door and insert your dog door panel to the side.
- Lock the dog door panel to your sliding patio door.
The details of the installation instructions are explained in The Daily Puppy website. Click here to find out.