Windows and window treatment styles evolve and change over time. This year and for the past few years, sustainability, energy-efficiency, and cost-effectiveness have been important elements in the style of many homes.
Improvenet by Craft Jack shares the window and window treatment styles for 2017 that will guide you towards what’s “in” and practical this year. The styles for 2017 give a welcome boost to the styles of the previous year. Here is a summary of this year’s trends for windows and window treatments.
- Vinyl windows – Not only are they affordable, but they are also sustainable, energy-saving, and versatile with a variety of colors, styles, and sizes to choose from.
- Focal point windows – These windows are considered the focal point of a room, with window treatments that stand out. You can also put other fixtures around windows, such as mirrors, that will highlight them.
- Natural window treatments – Sustainable window treatments, such as woven blinds or treatments made of bamboo, are also in fashion this year. These blinds may be used alone or as a backdrop against other curtains.
- Bold curtain styles – This year, bold colors incorporated into fabric window treatments are also popular. Colors include jewel tones, such as turquoise, emerald, and topaz.
- Attention to detail – Small details, such as tassels on curtains and drapes, hardware on windows, and stylish curtain rods, also make a strong statement this year.
Whatever style you choose this year, make sure it reflects your personal style and adds to the beauty of your home.