Have seasonal allergies got you down? While some welcome the warm weather and budding leaves, others dread months of tissues and tiredness. Preparing your windows for spring is essential to maintaining an allergy-free home. Luckily, getting your windows in shape for the season is easier than you think. Make your home a safe haven from pesky allergens with these six simple steps.
- Using a solution of mild soap and warm water, wipe down your windows’ frames, sashes, and grilles.
- With a clean, dry washcloth, wipe any dust or grime off both sides of your windows’ glass. Those with allergy sensitivities may want to wear a dust mask during this step.
- Prepare another mixture of mild soap and warm water. Using a second washcloth, apply this solution to your window, scrubbing in gentle, circular motions. Be sure to avoid abrasive cleaning products, like bleach, as these can permanently damage your windows’ glass coating.
- Next, vacuum away any dust that has collected on your window’s sills or tracks. This will allow your windows and patio doors to open more easily.
- If there are insects caught in your window screen, remove the screen and wipe it down with a soft, damp cloth.
- To protect your window hardware from moisture and heat, apply lubricants with corrosion inhibitors.
Ta-da! Your Renewal by AndersonⓇ windows are now ready to handle pollen, dust, and all forms of inclement weather. Sit back and enjoy the season’s beauty through your newly cleaned window.