In many ways, fiberglass windows are superior to vinyl windows. According to home renovations expert Lee Wallender in his post at Home Renovations, fiberglass windows are clearly the better option when you consider their long-term benefits, which are particularly important in the case of resale.
Fiberglass windows are better than vinyl windows for the following reasons:
• They are more durable;
• Fiberglass windows can be painted (vinyl can’t);
• There are more options in fiberglass when it come to color and finishes;
• They are more eco-friendly;
• They can mimic the look of wood; and
• Fiberglass windows will have a better resale value.
Both window materials, fiberglass and vinyl, are similar when it comes to these factors:
• Ease of maintenance and
• Insulating factor
When it comes to cost, however, vinyl windows are a lot cheaper, and they are also as readily available as fiberglass.
If cost is your great determining factor, then vinyl windows can be a good option because they are energy-efficient and can help save energy costs in the long term. While not as customizable as fiberglass windows, there are many baked-in colors for vinyl windows.
You can read more here.