Large windows are wonderful to decorate but can sometimes be a challenge. Or maybe you are just bored with the usual configuration of drapes or shades and blinds. If you want a new look that you can create on your own without any sewing, try these amazing no-sew drapes and pelmet box project.
For this particular project, you are going to need drapes for your windows plus extra fabric for your pelmet box. You will also need grosgrain ribbon, fabric glue, a stapler, a roll of standard batting, particle board, and L brackets. Here is how to make the pelmet board:
- Cut the board according to the measurements you want your pelmet box to be. You may be able to have it cut in the shop where you purchased the particle board. You will need one long rectangle for the face of each pelmet box and two small ones for the sides.
- Assemble the boards into a U-shape. Connect the boards using two L-brackets per corner.
- Wrap the boards in batting snugly without tearing the batting. Staple the batting to the inside of the boards.
- Stretch the fabric around the batting and staple that to the inside of the boards as well.
- Use ribbon to create a top and bottom border for your pelmet box, as well as on the edges of your drapes to match. Attach the ribbon using fabric glue.
- Let everything dry overnight.
- Install the pelmet box on your wall by drilling holes and using additional L-brackets.
The outcome is stunning, but the project is not really that difficult. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.