Your windows can do more for your bedroom than simply provide light and ventilation. Windows can also express your personal style and taste and set the mood you’re looking for. In this article, HGTV offers brilliant window treatment ideas that you can use for inspiration. Make your bedroom a dreamy haven to relax and enjoy at the end of a long day.
Window treatment ideas include:
- Combine colors, textures, and patterns that complement each other to create balance in your bedroom.
- Think differently when bedroom windows are positioned in an unusual way. Use pleated drapery panels and place your bed in front of them to create a headboard effect.
- Choose a striking pattern for your curtains that will make the window stand out, while keeping the rest of the room rather neutral in design.
- Use a faint mono-chromatic window treatment such as white billowy curtains draped over a geometrically-patterned window shade in white and gray.
- Make use of vintage door knobs, hooks, drapery tiebacks, and other creative hardware for your curtains that are not intended to cover or give shade, but rather to solely decorate the window.
- Hang organic shutters, such as those made of twigs, that will provide shade and good ventilation too.