Screen doors may not seem to be an effective line of defense against intruders, but they can be. There is a particular type of door called a security screen door that can help protect your home from burglars and insects too. If you’re planning to install a screen door, be sure to consider the following:
- The strength of the door frame material: steel, aluminum or metal alloy.
- Type of installation. Is it flush-mounted or tube-frame mounted?
- Type of sealant to be used to help keep the bugs away.
- Coating used to preserve the door. Is it painted or powder coated?
- Additional features that you may need, such as: closers, wind chains, sill extensions, and keys to match your main door.
- Available warranty and guarantee from your screen door installer.
When you look carefully at all of these characteristics and choose the best option for your needs, a security screen door can be secure, convenient and long-lasting for you and your family. Be sure to read the entire post from Angie’s List to learn more about the details of each feature.