Not all renovations, replacements, and upgrades make a great impact on the value of your home. If you are planning to sell your home anytime in the future, be sure to make investments that will boost your home’s value.
Here are some upgrades that will effectively increase your home’s value:
- Create more open space in your home, such as removing a kitchen island or opening up space between your kitchen to the living room;
- Take care of landscaping by pruning trees and bushes that block views and darken your home’s interior;
- Install more lighting in your house by adding dimmers, skylights, and sun tubes;
- Perform regular care and maintenance on important systems in your home, such as plumbing, attic insulation, septic systems, and more;
- Go green by replacing old air-conditioning systems and installing solar-powered heaters;
- Care for your front entry by making sure the door bell works, adding a shelter over the front door, or simply upgrading the look of your home’s exterior;
- Maintain your floor by fixing squeaky spots or replacing floors that are too specific to an owner’s personal taste;
- Improve the look of your bathroom by cleaning grout, removing rust stains, upgrading door knobs, and making other inexpensive changes;
- If your home’s paint job is chipped or faded, repaint with neutral colors; and
- Fix things that may draw the attention of potential buyers, such as a broken threshold, broken front step, outdated wallpaper, and more.